Batheaston Neighbourhood Plan
(24th Oct 2014 update)
Have Your Say - Data from the THINK TANK now available.
Since 30th Sept, the data has been gathered together, handwritten forms typed up and all the data reviewed (with some comments being moderated) and the resulting data has now been made available for residents to view.
Click here to view the Think Tank Data
All entries contain a reference number that is traceable back to the original forms, which are being held by our Parish Clerk.
Some high level numbers are, that we had 266 questionnaires returned, resulting in 858 'Like' comments, 725 'Dislike' comments and 674 Suggestions.
For the project to succeed as a "Community Project", then it will be necessary that there is a lot of involvement by residents and from the questionnaires, we have over 50 contributors who have left their contact details and we hope they will be involved in the next steps of the project. It's not too late to get involved and you can make contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Categorisation of the data and workshop review
- Identify strategic issues which will go forward into the Neighbourhood Plan process and identify any actions that could be progressed now, either through a Community Plan or through the existing Parish Council committees.
- Public meetings where the analysis can be shared
What is Neighbourhood Planning
Neighbourhood planning gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area.
Batheaston Parish Council, committed last year, to proceed with a Neighbourhood Plan which will seek to establish how residents wish to see the village evolve, what and where development should take place and not least what should be enhanced and protected.
The whole process, being managed through the Neighbourhood Plan Committee, could take 18 months to complete, will need many volunteers from within the community and briefly will include
- Public Consultation using the Think Tank (July - Sept 2014)
- Analysis of the initial Think Tank data to ascertain the views of Batheaston Residents (October / Novemeber 2014)
- Publicise findings (Oct - Dec 2014)
- Identify any short term "quick wins" from the suggestions and gather these into a Community Plan for action (Nov / Dec 2014)
- Formulate a survey questionnaire based on the fidings from the Think Tank data
- Provide an opportunity to respond to the survey from all Batheaston Residents
- Formulate proposals for the Neighbourhood Plan
- Consultation on draft proposal
- Preparation of a final Neighbourhood Plan proposal
- Conduct a referendum of all Batheaston Residents
- Formally submit the Neighbourhood Plan for Local Planning Authority and Inspector approval
- Formal adoption by the Local Planning Authority
More details will be provided over the coming weeks so please keep an eye on this page.
Last Updated:24th October 2014